CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

It is RSV Season!




The start of last week Andrew started coughing, sneezing, eyes watering....the whole nine yards. On Wed we went for a well check and we thought he might have RSV. However, because it was a well check they could not screen him for RSV. So on Thursday we went back as his cough had progressed, had a rattly chest, and was just not pleasant. They swabbed his nose and YEP it was RSV. He received a breathing treatment at the office and they sent us home with breathing treatments to done 3 times a day plus an antibiotic to make sure his RSV/Broncholitis did not turn south into pneumonia. Needless to say he has been a great sport. Most of the time he just sits in my lap without fusing for the duration of the treatment. He is sleeping in his carseat as it is more upright than his crib and I have been sleeping on a mattress on his floor. So we are looking forward to him feeling better and me moving back into my own bed! We follow up on Wed with his physician.

Don't you just love Sterling's "eyes". The girls have sleep masks that we call "their eyes". Sterling has always wanted a pair. However, I was unable to find a pair that were boyish until this summer. We found these this summer and I knew they were a keeper. Yes they may be made out of satin but they are BLUE and have a GREEN frog on them. Sterling loves them. He doesn't wear them very often because they are usually lost between his bed and the wall. But when he does find them he stores them on Mater's eyes (his night light at the side of his bed).

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, man! I'm sorry! Poor little guy!!!

And Sterling's mask is very cool!

Mary Anderson said...

RSV... we have RSV in our ward right now too. I wish parents wouldn't bring their sick kids to church especially since there are so many little babies. It worries me for the babies!! I hope little Andrew gets better real soon!

I read all your other recent post! So much fun :) I wish we lived closer to MO and the rest of yous!

Sterling's mask is way cool :) I have one too! =D

Colton Anne said...

I'm glad that his RSV has gotten better. He does look like quite the trooper and he has still mastered getting even bigger than when we saw him last! :) oh and I need Sterling's mask for during the day! Look's very relaxing.