CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Reindeer Run 08


Thought I would post pictures from the Reindeer Run this morning. First of all, I can't figure out where to get rid if the underline part so forgive me! I guess the Reindeer Run has become a bit of a tradition for us here...at least for a few in our family. This morning Julia, Caroline, Sterling, and I ran the race. Caroline joined me for the 5K. This was her very first 5K and we did only ONE practice run a week ago!! Not good preparation on my part. She told me throughout the race that she thought she was going to throw up! She didn't but she did finish it in decent time. She ran it in 31:24....I ran the race with her. Originally, I wanted to do the 10K but Caroline wanted to run so I ran it with her. Boy am I glad we only did the 5K. I have only been managing about one run a week if that lately! Needless to say, I was not too pleased with my time as I ran it last year in 24:16...Drastic difference...guess having a new baby will do that to you. Julia and Sterling joined us for the fun run mile run. Julia improved her time from last year by 30 seconds. She ran her mile in 10:07 this year. I was very proud of her. Last year, Sterling chose to just cheer the girls on but ran his mile this year in 11:25 which is a vast improvement from the Spring run fun run that he did in April...he made that mile in 16:24. Overall, we had a great time. We just wish that daddy could join us! As most of you know, this is his VERY busy time of year...And a big THANKS to John's mom as she helped out with Baby Big which made it all possible.

The other picture is of John's mom in action. Last week we were just going to loan our van to use in the parade to throw donuts. When we showed up to drop the van off, we found out that she was left with no help. So we quickly helped bag over 400 donuts and rode in the parade. John's parents also came to the rescue and helped us pass out the donuts. The kids LOVED passing out donuts. Julia told me, "Mom the hardest part is trying to decide who to throw them to because everyone wants one!"

I will see if I can find the pictures from last year's Reindeer run to post.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kudos to you guys! Especially Sterling on making a 5 minute improvement!!!! Wow!